2) Don’t walk away from cooking bacon to spin
3) Twisting new fibers into a broken thread is best done at high velocity
4) When I’m done making yarn the only think I can do with it is look pleadingly at friends who knit
5) What spins clockwise un-spins counter clockwise if your not paying attention
6) Having a spindle for each roving you own is overkills but really nice (I don’t btw)
7) Spinning reduces stress-having a small helper (cat or child) increases stress
8) My arms are not long enough
9) You can’t snack and spin very well so maybe spinning is good for a diet
10) Admiring the large quantity of teal wool you have just spun will not get your sewing done any faster.
11) A fine appreciation of woodworking is not excuse for new spindles just more expensive ones
13) Do not tell your husband that you dream of fabric and spinning
14) But do tell him it’s ok to by the lathe
15) Having your husband look at you while spinning and say “that looks tedious and time consuming. Maybe we should buy you a wheel” may result in premature death when he turned down funding on a table loom the week before.
16) Thinking of these rules while spinning results in uneven thickness and a solid thunk on the floor
17) Adding another survival skill to the post-apocalyptic skill set is not a good excuse to take up spinning but who cares.